Below are some pictures of some wines and different meals that I have enjoyed over the past few weeks.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Here are some pictures from the great wine dinner we attended at Brano's Italian Grill in Cocoa Beach, FL on June 7, 2011.
The dinner consisted of 7 courses each paired with a wine. We started with whites and moved to reds. Dan Mazzoni picked out the different wines to go with each course. He gave a presentation of each wine poured.
Here are the different courses with pictures.
1) Mozzarella ala Caprese -- paired with Franciscan Sauvignon Blanc
2) Lobster Bisque - paired with Wild Horse Chardonnay
3) Grilled Verge of Romaine ala Caesar with seared scallops -- paired with Simi Pinot Noir
4) Lime Sorbet
5) Tortellini Primavera -- Paired with Diseno Malbec
6) Surf and Turf Gorgonzola (6oz filet with jumbo shrimp) -- paired with Estancia Meritage
7) Chocolate Covered Raspberry Gelato -- Paired with Hogue Riesling
This was Brano's first wine dinner and it was a great evening! The food was wonderful and the wine was paired well with each course.
I see they are having another dinner on July 5th. I highly recommend going. I will unfortunately be out of town until the 6th. :(
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
I went to an amazing wine dinner tonight at Brano's Italian Restaurant in Cocoa Beach, FL.
I will post pictures tomorrow from this awesome 7 course dinner paired with different white and red wines.
I am also sorry for not posting anything for the past month. I was just in a funk and didn't want to post anything. Lame....I know.
I do have some things to post
1) Wineries I visited in Virginia after my cousins wedding.
2) WineQuest in Orlando this weekend.
3) Trip to California wine country
3) North American Wine Bloggers Conference information.
I will be posting a lot of different things for the rest of the summer.
Can't wait to share it all with you.