Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Key West






Key West is one of my favorite places. I'm lucky to live only 4 hours away from the keys and 6 hours from Key West.

I would move down there in a heartbeat....if I could get a job.

So I'll just post some of my pics from the long weekend. I spent a lot of time at Sloppy Joe's and the Green Parrot.

Lorelei's was our first stop on the way down.


First bar stop in Key West was at Sloppy Joe's to see Pete and Wayne. :)

The picture below is the courtyard at Kelly's. We brought our own wine for a $10 corkage fee. It was a perfect night to sit outside. We had the 2006 Tobin James "5" --
This is a blend of 5 different varietals -- 28% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23% Cabernet Franc, 20% Merlot, 18% Petite Verdot, and 11% Malbec. This blend is also sometimes referred to as "Bordeaux varietals" because their heritage is traced back to Bordeaux, France.


Below are some pictures from Zachery Taylor beach. This state park is just picture perfect.






Finally, a picture of another favorite spot....Green Parrot. This bar has one of the best vibes on the island. The white russians didn't hurt the vibe either. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment