Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mauritson Wines





Mauritson winery was unexpected and impressed me. I had heard about this winery before, but had never tried the wines. The wines here are top quality. Jim and Debbie made sure we stopped by for a visit during our time in Healdsburg.
MAURITSON WINERY WEBSITE



I kept pronouncing the name of the winery wrong. All week it was a MAURitson vs. MOORitson clash. No matter how you pronounce it, the wines will make you come back for more.

Mauritson is an understated winery. Nothing is over the top. It is not Ferrari-Carano, and that is WHY I like it.

The winemaker, Clay Mauritson, is a young winemaker and knows what he is doing. He has a long future of great wine making ahead of him. I have a long future of buying some of his wines. It's a win-win.

I am excited to receive the Rockpile Malbec. :) Will post a picture the night I open that up.
I love all the fresh lavender in wine country. You can see it in the picture below.





No comments:

Post a Comment