Saturday, November 6, 2010

TOBIN JAMES





I'm not an outlaw, but I get that feeling sometimes at Tobin James Winery. I love this place!! It has my favorite tasting room. When you walk in the first thing you see is the GIANT, and I mean GIANT, saloon style wooden bar. Something inside me says....you're home. Maybe I was an outlaw in a previous life. lol

From what I gathered, the bar was purchased from somewhere near St. Louis and once was frequented by Jesse James and his gang. This is where the name "James Gang" comes from.

The winery has also added a few other tasting bars in the room. I think there are three tasting bars now.

Tobin James Winery is located in Paso Robles, California. We drove down from Sonoma to Paso Robles for two events at Tobin James. The first event was for the passengers of the two Tobin James cruises. We were signed up for both cruises, but my mom fell ill before the first cruise and we couldn't go. We are looking forward to the second cruise of the Caribbean next year. I can't wait to blog from the cruise for everyone.

The pictures below are from the first party for the cruisers. I even received an appropriate temporary tattoo.




The second event was their New Moon BBQ Fest. All I can say is....this group knows how to party. I didn't think partying like this existed at a winery. It does.




The one thing that impressed me was that Tobin James, one of the winemakers, remembered our names before we left. We had met him 24 hours earlier and some 500 people later, he still remembered our names.

Tobin, Lance, and Claire run the place and they are some of the friendliest proprietors in wine country. I really enjoyed getting to meet them personally. We have been receiving their wine for a while and finally made our first trip to their winery. We can't wait to go back!




No comments:

Post a Comment