Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Barbados





I have my pictures uploaded from the Tobin James Food and Wine Cruise!

I am going day by day with my pictures. I'll start with our first three days in lovely Barbados. We stayed at the Hilton near Bridgetown with many other fellow cruisers. The Hilton grounds are gorgeous and located on an old fort which the hotel still maintains. The picture below was from our room of the beach. After this picture the beach was never this calm again. lol

The picture below is of downtown Bridgetown from our hotel.

The waves were pretty rough on our beach. Down the way a bit there were surfers riding these big waves.
Friday night we ventured over to the town of Oistin for the weekly fish fry. Everyone on the island seems to mingle here (tourists and locals). There are tons of local vendors cooking up different varieties of fish and meat. It was pretty good...but I am spoiled when it comes to seafood. (We have Grills seafood down the street from us)
We had fun drinking Banks and Caribs with our new friends Debby and Penny from California.
The fish is still looking preeetttyyyy good.
Here are some more pics from that fish fry.
The next night we had the pre-cruise Tobin James party at the Hilton. After this we took a cab to Tapas for dinner and then to St. Lawrence Gap to dance. I will never forget our dance time with the Ragin' Bajan.
Above is a picture of smoked Marlin paired with a Malbec. So Yummy.
My mom took some fun pictures of our time in Barbados as well. I will post those tomorrow as her memory card has some 1200 pictures from the past few years and it might take all night at Walgreens to make the pictures. hahaha I need to show her the wonder of Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment