Saturday, September 25, 2010

Meeker


One morning we drove up to Geyserville to taste wines at Meeker Vineyards. I always see the painted Meeker merlot bottle at Petty's and Viera Wine Cellar. I wanted to visit the tasting room. I enjoyed the wines at Meeker. The merlot and rose are the distributed around the country. Some of their other wines are not.




The tasting room is an old bank and there is still an old bank vault in the back. They also play the blues all day long. Nothing like some John Lee Hooker and wine.

I actually saw the rose at a gas station in West Virginia last week. I couldn't believe it. I bought a bottle of the beautiful and damned petit verdot. Yummy. Still saving it for when I make a special dinner.

Meeker will be attending the food and wine festival at Epcot this year. I think the dates are Nov. 3-5 or 6. I might have to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment