Tuesday, September 7, 2010

V. Sattui Winery







We visited one more Napa Winery, V. Sattui. This place is like the Disney of wine shops. They know how to move people through this place. If you see tour buses in Napa, they have likely stopped here or will stop here. I don’t discount a place because of mass tourists. I like Disney, most of the time.


The first thing a visitor sees at V. Sattui are European looking buildings covered in ivy and flowers. The outside has a huge picnic area. It mostly consists of large picnic tables and some grassy areas. If you are looking for a romantic picnic in the countryside, this is not it.


If you are looking for mostly inexpensive wine and amazing artichoke cream cheese and all other cheese/meat combos, this is it. Inside is a circus of wine tasting. We quickly found a spot at one of the two expansive tasting bars. Our tasting room guide was named Jordan. (I think that is the spelling…) He was around my age and if I remember correctly, he hoped someday to become an optometrist. (if not that, some type of field in medicine)


He should stick to the wine business, because he was a charmer. I think all the women in the tasting room were flirting with Jordan lol. So ladies…..you now know who to visit while in Napa.

The wines were not my favorite but they were not bad either. There were a few I really liked. The store is a great place to buy gifts and food. The food hall at V. Sattui is awesome and is the best place to buy cheese and meats at a winery.


Many people had a different reaction when I told them about my visit to V. Sattui. “Why did you go there? It is a tourist trap! Too many people.” That was the response.

I thought it was a fun stop with fun people and good wine and food. I would highly recommend that Napa visitors stop here FOR the tourist atmosphere. No other winery was this “happening.” So thanks Jordan for the fun afternoon!! J Don’t quit your day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment