Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vina Robles





Our second day in Paso Robles was busy and full of wine. We somehow managed to visit 6 wineries and still attend the Tobin James summer BBQ party. It was a FUN day with good friends.

We missed stopping at Vina Robles last year and wanted to make sure we stopped on this trip. This was our first wine tasting of the day.

Kenny was our tasting room guide. He was very friendly and informative. I learned that Vina Robles is owned and managed by two Swiss gentlemen, both named Hans. (that could get confusing haha) Nick de Luca is the winemaker.

We enjoy some of the more widely distributed Vina Robles wines in Florida. We have the Jardine Petite Sirah, Red4, and the 2008 Huerhuero Cabernet. It was nice to taste some different wines that we don't have access to through distributors.

The wine tasting room and bar is nice and large. I loved the huge fireplace made of stone.


We did the reserve tasting, and I was glad they let you keep the logo glass. That is always a nice touch for visitors. We bought a bottle of the 2005 Cabernet that was discounted. It was great paired with pork tenderloin at Charcuterie in Healdsburg, CA.

I still have my Vina Robles patch on my jeans! I will stop back here next time we are in town.



No comments:

Post a Comment