Friday, May 4, 2012

Bern's WineFest (Part 2)




SideBern's

The event continued from inside SideBern's to Bern's Fine Wines & Spirits store. The wine store was filled with boxes for the event. All wine at the event was available for purchase by completing an order form on the event tasting notebook. 


After walking through the wine store, attendees entered the Moet Hennessy Oasis where champagne was flowing freely. This champagne lounge offered glasses of Domaine Chandon ‘Etoile’, Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial, and Moet & Chandon 2002 Grand Vintage. This tent was all white with white flowers and chandeliers with a bright red carpet. 


Moet Hennnessy Oasis 

Finally, we entered tasting tent two. This tent offered wines from Spain, Italy, Germany, and France. I spent too much time tasting in the first tent, because many of the better wines in tent two were gone by the time I arrived. This tent had an amazing display of tapas dishes and cheeses. I loved the cheese assortment and made a huge plate to enjoy back in tent one. 

2007 Mas Doix 'Costers de Vinyes Velles' 


Cheese Tasting Table







The seminar tent featured two different seminars. First, the Chateau Ste. Michelle  offered a vertical tasting of the Artist Series Meritage with winemaker Bob Bertheau. I tasted this wine at table 16, and it was one of my favorite wines at the event. The second seminar featured the winemaker from PlumpJack, Anthony Biagi. This seminar discussed the heated debate of cork vs. screw-cap. I did not attend the two seminars as I barely had time to taste and see the entire event. 


Seminar Tent


I made my way back to tent one for the last 30-40 minutes of the event. I had a few more wines on my list to try. I also managed to try a few more desserts along the way. 










Overall, I really enjoyed attending this event and would return in a heartbeat. My group of friends shared this sentiment. I can’t wait until next year’s sweet sixteen Bern’s Winefest. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment