Tuesday, May 15, 2012

La Luce By Donna Scala at Hilton Bonnet Creek Resort in Orlando

I surprised my mom for mother's day by taking her to stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek in Orlando. We went to La Luce for Mother's Day dinner. Chef Donna Scala created the menu and dishes at La Luce. Donna visits the restaurant three or four times a year to revamp the menu and make necessary changes. 

The restaurant looks and feels very modern with an open pizza kitchen and huge chalk art installations. The restaurant brings different artists into La Luce to create pieces of art on these boards. The art changes within the restaurant throughout the year. This is a new and innovative way to showcase different artists. 


We brought our own bottle of wine to pair with the dinner. The restaurant charges a $20 corkage fee. We brought a 2010 Turley Juvenile Zinfandel. This wine accompanied our meal perfectly. Our waiter's name was Michael S. and he was excellent. This was our first visit and he answered all our questions regarding the menu. 

We started by sharing the tricolor salad with Arugula, Endive, and Radicchio. This salad was super light and refreshing. 

Next, we shared the margherita pizza and fettuccini con bolognese. Michael told me the restaurant imports its pizza dough from Italy. This is why the pizza made me feel like I was sitting in Piazza Navona. My mom really enjoyed the fettuccini con bolognese with meat and duck ragu. This dish is amazing and we both liked it with fettuccini pasta. 

Finally, we shared the butterscotch pudding dessert with toffee. This dessert is made in-house and it was SOOOO GOOD! I don't even like toffee that much, and I loved this dessert. 


I would come back to La Luce in a heartbeat. I would also like to visit Donna's restaurant in Napa Valley, Bistro Don Giovanni. 

No comments:

Post a Comment